Updated: 12th June 2015
We, The Internet Marketing Place, a trading name of JEDI Management Solutions Ltd, are committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of anyone using our site and the confidentiality of any information that you provide us with. The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use any personal information that we may obtain from you.
By using The Internet Marketing Place (including visiting, posting, sharing, attending or viewing any of our events, buying our products, and services), you acknowledge that you accept the policies and practises laid out below.
Data Protection Act 1988 (‘the Act’)
We are registered under the Data Protection Act and comply with the Act in all our dealings with your personal data.
Collection of Personal Information
In general you can visit our website and blog without telling us who you are and without revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself.
If, however, you purchase our products, services, or opt-in to receive complementary resources (herein collectively referred to as “products”), you will need to register and you will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details, and in some cases, payment information (such as a credit or debit card). We will store this data and hold it in a reasonably secure place on computer or otherwise.
If you choose not to disclose a piece of information that we may require in order to deliver the product(s), you may still use The Internet Marketing Place, but you may be unable to access certain features or products.
When you register to receive any products from The Internet Marketing Place or provide information to us in any other manner, you agree to provide only true, accurate, current and complete information.
By submitting your contact details on our website, you agree to receive communications from us, including but not limited to, information on products and services that may be of interest to you, including related third party offers that we may send you from time to time. You have the right to unsubscribe from these communications at any time, by clicking on the “opt-out” link at the bottom of all email communications, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and letting us know.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive email from us. You can cancel your subscription to this free service at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link which can be found at the bottom of the respective email. We only send emails to people who have authorised us to send emails to them, either directly or through a third party.
Information Received from Third Parties
Events and Webinars:
- We use third party services to host and or process registration for some of our products, events and webinars. They also provide services to support these programs (for example, technical support), and we may receive information about you from these third party service providers.
Third Party Website/Social Networking Sites
- The Internet Marketing Place has integrated services from third parties in order to enhance your user experience of the site. This mainly consists of social networking or blogging sites (such as Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, Pinterest, etc.), but is not limited to just this. If you choose to use any of these third party websites or services that are integrated with the Internet Marketing Place, then we may receive information on you, including personally identifying information.
- For example, The Internet Marketing Place may use certain third party websites to facilitate your registration on The Internet Marketing Place .
- For another example, we may also use information about your profile and connections on third party sites to allow you to share content with your friends, connect with your contacts, or to personalise your experience on The Internet Marketing Place.
- This point is not limited to the two examples described above.
- When accessing or using The Internet Marketing Place, the decision to use or share with a third party website is entirely your own and entirely voluntary, and the Internet Marketing Place takes no responsibility for such a decision. The Internet Marketing Place is not responsible for compliance with the policies or practices of any third party website. You should ensure that you are content with the information such third party websites may make available to The Internet Marketing Place by reviewing those websites’ privacy policies and terms of service, and, if necessary, changing your privacy settings on those services.
Use of Personal Information
We may use information that you provide:
- To register you with our website and to administer it.
- To fulfil your requests
- To improve our products and services
- To personalise your experience on The Internet Marketing Place
- To register you for products that you may purchase, and charge the card that you provide us with for receipt of those products.
- For assessment and analysis, e.g. marketing, customer and product analysis, to enable us to review, develop and improve our services.
If you do not want us to use data in this way, please send us an email to email@example.com in order to let us know.
Some of our cookies are used to simply collect information about how visitors use our website and these types of cookies collect the information in an anonymous form.
To find out more about cookies, including seeing what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you do not wish to accept cookies from our website, please leave this site immediately and then delete and block all cookies from this site. Alternatively, you may opt out of receiving information from us by e-mail, telephone, fax or post. You can e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reviewing and Changing Your Information
If you need to change the information that we hold about you, or change your communications preferences, you can do this in the following ways:
- If you wish to unsubscribe from our communications by email, you can do this by clicking the “unsubscribe” link which can be found within all of our emails we send, or by emailing email@example.com
- If you wish to unsubscribe from all types of communication, you can do this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly describing your request.
- If you wish to update your information, you can do this by clicking on the “Update Subscription” link at the bottom of our emails, or by sending an email to email@example.com
Disclosure to Third Parties
- Change of control – In the event we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we might disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer or seller.
- Legal Reasons – If we are under a legal duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with or meet any legal obligation.
- Service Providers – The Internet Marketing Place uses third party services to deliver and support it’s products and website. We may disclose your information to these third party services, but only to the extent that is needed to support our products.
- Payment Processors – The Internet Marketing Place uses third party payment processors to take monies owed in return for it’s products. We may disclose your information to the payment processors we use only to the extent that is required for us to process payments.
- Web hosts – the Internet Marketing Place uses third party services to host it’s website and store data securely. All information that is obtained and stored by The Internet Marketing Place is processed and kept on servers owned by these third party services.
- Webinars – The Internet Marketing Place uses third party services, such as GoToWebinar, to host, process registration and provide support for The Internet Marketing Place webinars. If you register or view a webinar by The Internet Marketing Place, we may disclose your information to the third party providing the service, but only to the extent that is required for your to participate in the webinar, or to view a replay.
- Third Party Sponsors – the Internet Marketing Place may disclose information to Third Party sponsors if you sign up for an event or webinar that is sponsored by a specified third party. You agree that these sponsors and or business partners may contact you using your information to provide additional information about their products and or services.
- Third Party Websites – The Internet Marketing Place offers content sharing through third party social network sites. When you choose to share content in this way, The Internet Marketing Place may send information about you to the third party social networking site in question. Your decision to share content in this way is entirely your own, and The Internet Marketing Place is not responsible for such a decision. You should ensure that you are content with the information such third party websites may make available to The Internet Marketing Place by reviewing those websites’ privacy policies and terms of service, and, if necessary, changing your privacy settings on those services.
- Comments & Public Posts – The Internet Marketing Place encourages interaction and engagement with blog posts in the form of leaving comments. Please be aware that if you disclose information on The Internet Marketing Place in this manner, that information can be viewed, collected and used by anyone else who uses or has access to The Internet Marketing Place. We have no control and take no responsibility for the use, collection or disclosure of any information that you post publicly on The Internet Marketing Place.
- Analytics Services – In order to discover how users are usin and interacting with The Internet Marketing Place, we use third party analytics providers and products to collect, compile, and analyse user information. We may provide this user information to these analytics providers for the sole purpose of obtaining statistics and other information about how users are using and interacting with The Internet Marketing Place. These analytics providers may use tracking techniques other than HTTP cookies to recognize your computer or device and/or to collect or compile this information. These techniques may be used directly on The Internet Marketing Place. The Internet Marketing Place has no responsibility for the technologies, tools or practices of the third parties that provide analytics products and services to them. Please note that your web browser may not allow you to block the use of these techniques, and that conventional cookie blocking browser settings may have no effect on such techniques.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data that you disclose online, nor can we guarantee that information supplied by you will not be intercepted when being transmitted to The Internet Marketing Place. We will not be responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or willful default.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will aim to inform you before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent this happening by emailing us, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and explaining you do not want this to happen.
You have the right to see personal data (as defined under the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee of £10. Any request should be sent to:
The Internet Marketing Place, JEDI Management Solutions Ltd, 9 Marefield Close, Barnwood, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom, GL4 3TU.
© 2015/The Internet Marketing Place. ALL Rights Reserved.